PDA

View Full Version : Former Marine and new to Savage Arms. i have a Model 10 in .243 and am looking to custom fitting it.

Barry
03-03-2019, 01:02 AM
i need some help identifying what i have so i can order stuff.
as i look on line there are many variables i am not fa miller with. Mine has a center feed, no external magazine.
i would like to get a different stock and a bipod.
any help would be greatly appreciated.
Semper Fi

plasticweld
03-03-2019, 09:18 AM
Barry, welcome to the forum, you will find all the things you are looking for here and the help you need when asking questions. Lots of guys here have made the types of mods to their rifles that you are trying to do. What type of shooting are you planning to do?

Welcome to the Savageshooters family...Bob

drybean
03-03-2019, 10:34 AM
Welcome aboard

ragsflh
03-03-2019, 11:09 AM
welcome aboard

celltech
03-03-2019, 11:49 AM
Some of the major hard points in the Savage platform when looking for mods:

Centerfeed or staggerfeed
Action screw spacing
Top or bottom bolt release
Internal mag or DBM (Detachable Bottom Magazine)
Barrel profile

Knowing those leads to a world of opportunity....

scootergisme
03-03-2019, 12:25 PM
Welcome Barry and thank you for your service to our nation! My son is a Marine, a tow gunner. When you take the action out of the stock, you will notice a couple of things that can help you determine if it's center feed or stagger feed. If the box magazine stays attached to the action, then it is a stagger feed. If the box magazine stays attached to the stock, then it is a center feed. It took me awhile to get used to the differences with Savage rifles. I still have a lot to learn, but I sure like them better than the Remington 700s that I used to own. I got tired of paying out of my nose for gunsmiths to change barrels, triggers, etc. Now I can customize my rifles by myself; change barrels, take bolts completely apart, adjust my triggers and so on. Scott

big honkin jeep
03-03-2019, 04:16 PM
Welcome.
Lots of good info here and a lot of helpful folks.
You'll usually get the best answers and help by selecting the right sub forum and posting there.
Maybe try the 110 centerfire section.

Not sure exactly what result you're looking for but the answer may be as simple as adding another sling stud to your fore end so that it will accept a bi pod.
Good luck and again, Welcome

ttexastom
03-04-2019, 07:40 PM
Welcome from northeast georgia