PDA

View Full Version : Need a Complete Bolt Assembly for Stevens 110E Series K 30/06

vvllbs
03-02-2019, 03:59 PM
Picked up a great rifle that was missing the bolt. Found one on eBay for a .270, but there has to be another source? Please help if you can. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J.Baker
03-03-2019, 01:37 PM
Gun Shack should have everything but the firing pin assembly, and they may be able to get you that as well. Problem is that Savage parts availability has been very sketchy for the last several months through most common outlets (Brownells, Midway USA, etc.).

Another option would be to Call Numrich's Gun Parts to see if they have a complete bolt.

Just know that no matter what you get or where you get it from you're going to have to have reset the barrel headspace to the new bolt and if your barrel has iron sights they likely won't be perfectly aligned at 12 o'clock anymore.

vvllbs
03-03-2019, 10:54 PM
Thanks J, I didn’t know about the headspace part

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mnbogboy2
03-04-2019, 05:12 PM
The 270 bolt you found is the same thing. If you can get it for $120 you should do alright. The headspace has a chance of being within the go & no-go limits. If it doesn't a change of the bolt head might get you there (they can vary in the bolt face to lug dimension. If headspace is too tight then a small cut with chamber reamer will fix it. If it is loose then the breech face can be set back and then reamed accordingly. If you are not interested in the original iron sights then normal headspacing will be a snap.