PDA

View Full Version : Nikon Black Precision Mount

Sled
03-02-2019, 10:40 AM
Let me just start off by saying I have come to really be "perturbed" at people who send in reviews for products.....LOL. I have made the decision on my scope for my new 110 Tactical, and will be topping it with a Nikon Black FX-1000 6x24x50 (now on sale for 729.00). So, I decided I will use the Precision Mount that Nikon makes for this scope, as it gets good reviews. But then there is the height question when using a 20moa rail. There are 2 reviews from people saying they bought the medium height, and had to send them back for the MSR height, due to the canted rail. They state mediums would work with a 0moa rail, but the 20moa rail (which I have, causes the bell to hit the barrel. And then there are exactly 2 reviewers who state the medium mount is a little high when using a 20 moa rail. That's the exact opposite!!! I realize the easy thing to do is take the rifle to Cabela's and tell them to mount it, but this is something I really just wanted to do myself. Unless someone else knows, I guess I'll go with MSR height, as this is a long scope, especially with a sunshade on it.

Robinhood
03-02-2019, 11:36 AM
The manufacturer normally will have documentation for height based on either the distance from the top of the base to the bottom of the ring or from the top of the base of the mount to the center line of the ring. Using some calipers to get the diameter of the objective and the diameter of the barrel below the objective rounds out the data needed for a zero moa rail. After that it is working out the numbers. Most people do not want to go the that trouble.. Even calculating the slope for the 20 moa is as easy if you think about it.

Jester560
03-02-2019, 02:46 PM
Even calculating the slope for the 20 moa is as easy if you think about it.

20 moa is .006" per inch of slope.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk