PDA

View Full Version : Scope rail on 110 Tactical

Sled
03-01-2019, 07:14 PM
Ok, so I'm going to ask a really stupid question, so go ahead and laugh... :)
I know what a picatinny rail is, I have them on all of my AR's. The factory installed 20moa rail that came on my 110 looks different. Is this also considered a picatinny rail? Or should I be looking for Weaver mount rings?

CFJunkie
03-01-2019, 07:49 PM
I have Weaver mounts and Picatinny rails on different rifles.
As far as I am aware, the difference between a Picatinny rail and a Weaver rail is in the spacing of the slots in the rail, not in the width of the slots.
The Picatinny rail has equally spaced slots and the Weaver rail doesn't.
I use the same rings on either type rail, but IMO the Picatinny rail offers more choices for scope positioning because there are generally more slots available to choose from, especially when the scope eyepiece has to be positioned near the end of the rail to provide the correct eye relief.

Sled
03-01-2019, 08:18 PM
Yes, I knew the difference was in spacing, I just am not sure which is on the rifle as it came from the factory. I'm assuming it's Weaver. So you're saying you can use either style rings?

CFJunkie
03-02-2019, 07:37 AM
If the slots are equally spaced, the rail is Picatinny. If not, its Weaver.
I have never bought special rings for a Picatinny rail. I use Burris Signature Zee Rings to protect my expensive scopes and they fit on both types of rails.