PDA

View Full Version : Just bought my first Savage (well, Stevens)

Altair
10-15-2010, 09:08 AM
I've been a long time AR and Remington 700 shooter but over the years I've consistently heard that Savage rifles give exceptional accuracy in an out of the box rifle, especially for their price point. I recently built a 300/221 (300 Whisper) AR and absolutely love it and was considering a bolt gun in the same caliber. I was doing some research and learned that the Savage/Stevens bolt action rifles are very easy to work on and build when compared to their Remington counterparts so I decided to pick up an inexpensive Stevens 200 in .223 to tinker with and see if I like the platform. If so, I will probably get a 300/221 barrel made up for it and might even SBR it (my AR is a 10.5" SBR for use with a suppressor).

Anyway, just wanted to say hello. I've already found alot of the FAQ stuff useful and I'm here to learn. With these rifles being so reasonably priced and easy to work on they might just replace my Remington 700's...

358Hammer
10-15-2010, 09:33 AM
Welcome and enjoy the change barrel ride.

Neal

khuff
10-15-2010, 02:05 PM
Greetings! Welcome to the "Brothers of the Barrel Nut".

I think you'll find the site sponsors can help you with about anything you need. Sinman can help you with the AR or Savage/Stevens barrels (he gets into some rather exotic ARs [15 or 10].