PDA

View Full Version : Does your wife know how many guns you own?

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Robinhood
03-03-2019, 12:12 AM
Gov Cuomo sucks on the 2nd Amendment.

Just on the second amendment?

scootergisme
03-03-2019, 12:43 AM
By make, caliber and serial number. Have to be on the carry (concealed) permit and also registered/updated every five years with the state police.

You do not want to be found with one on your person off your property with one not on your permit. Gov Cuomo sucks on the 2nd Amendment.
Move somewhere between the coasts. Oklahoma just passed a Constitutional Carry law that takes effect November 2019. Carry whatever you want without a permit. There are several other states between the coasts that have the same law.

Sled
03-03-2019, 10:03 AM
Move somewhere between the coasts. Oklahoma just passed a Constitutional Carry law that takes effect November 2019. Carry whatever you want without a permit. There are several other states between the coasts that have the same law.
I used to tell people that all the time when they said they lived in California, NY, Illinois, etc., but then I realized, if all the gun owners move to places like Kentucky, Oklahoma, etc., then the gun grabber own those states in perpetuity. Better that freedom loving people stay and fight to elect better representation.

scootergisme
03-03-2019, 02:00 PM
I used to tell people that all the time when they said they lived in California, NY, Illinois, etc., but then I realized, if all the gun owners move to places like Kentucky, Oklahoma, etc., then the gun grabber own those states in perpetuity. Better that freedom loving people stay and fight to elect better representation.
Good point Sled! We all need to make sure that we are all active voters. Supporting the NRA helps as well.

Sled
03-03-2019, 02:15 PM
Good point Sled! We all need to make sure that we are all active voters. Supporting the NRA helps as well.
Yeah, sadly I dropped out of the NRA years ago when LaPierre pissed me off with his "Jack Booted Thugs" comments. I am joining again though, it really is the best organization fighting for our rights. And besides... Dana Loesch... Wow!!!:usa2:

scootergisme
03-03-2019, 02:18 PM
The NRA is not perfect but when you compare them to Pelosi, Schumer or any name on the 2020 Dem president list, they really begin to shine.

J.Baker
03-03-2019, 10:04 PM
If my wife knows how many guns I have I'm in deep trouble because I'm not married. lol

Stumpkiller
03-03-2019, 11:30 PM

Our family history in NY goes back to 1644 after relocating from the VA Colony. I'm not moving because of current politics. We stay and fight.

Philf
03-04-2019, 02:44 PM
Stumpkiller i feel for you folks in northern NY. My wife nephew lives in New York and from what I have seen and how they try to control you it’s bad. The south easterner part your state is sucking the blood from you all. When we went to visit him when he was living in Malone I was amazed at the homes and farms. Because if you fix your place up they will tax the heck out of you and the farmers also get hit..
Soil and water is another thing with them with on their laws. No field tiling because it will destroy the land and wild life.
Anyway where I live most of the county is building up with new homes for the people that work in or around Cincinnati, so to find a place to hunt is getting hard to find.

plasticweld
03-04-2019, 03:23 PM
https://cnycentral.com/news/local/study-new-york-ranks-in-top-3-most-moved-out-of-states-for-seventh-year-in-a-row?fbclid=IwAR2kPr2GWF7AFfDAx4XMng4fK4LLblGEnAtLr TT2nnhgwfILcpBPL02oS3s

New York continues to be one of the leading states in the country where people are moving out of.
According to United Van Lines, a St. Louis, Missouri-based moving company, New York ranked as the third most moved-out-of state in 2017, ahead of only Illinois and New Jersey. Despite the ranking, it is actually a continued improvement from previous recent years. New York ranked second in 2015, 2014, 2013 and 2012, but remains in the top three states people are fleeing for the seventh year in a row.
During 2017, 61 percent of moves to and from the state were outbound, according to data gathered in the company's 41st Annual Movers Study (https://www.unitedvanlines.com/contact-united/news/movers-study-2017). There are various reasons why people left.

46 percent of people left for job-related reasons
18 percent of people left for lifestyle reasons
19 percent of people left for family reasons
5 percent of people left for health reasons
29 percent of people left for retirement reasons

The largest age population of those who left were those aged 55 to 64. Those 65 or older ranked a close second, with those aged 18 to 34 not far behind. The largest income group of those who moved out made an annual $150,000 or more.

J.Baker
03-04-2019, 04:03 PM
I'm surprised NY, NJ IL and CA haven't passed legislation to tax anyone moving out of the state based on their net worth yet.

scootergisme
03-04-2019, 05:33 PM
I'm surprised NY, NJ IL and CA haven't passed legislation to tax anyone moving out of the state based on their net worth yet.
I bet they're writing up that legislation as we type!

Travis98146
03-04-2019, 07:56 PM
My fairly recent EX (2013) knew how many I had but I didn't even try to keep it a secret. Some of them were mine before we married, some were inherited and some purchased while we were married. She had her own pistol and her Dad's Winchester 30-30. She didn't even bring them up during the not-so-nice divorce but we never kept financial secrets.

OldSchoolShooter
03-31-2019, 03:04 PM
I don’t think my wife cares how many guns I have as long as I’m not buying them on a credit card. She knows boys toys are expensive (it ain’t fair!). I try and make sure she gets the things she wants too.

Buck_Up
04-14-2019, 08:19 PM
She knows approximately how many. It is irrelevant to her, as it does not significantly negatively impact our lives or finances.

obssd1958
04-14-2019, 09:07 PM
She doesn't ask, and I don't tell!

BillC.
04-23-2019, 05:16 PM
nope, they all look the same to her. That said, I did bring home a blue laminated airgun and she picked right up on that one.

BB68
04-23-2019, 07:29 PM
I do brag to her all the time about how many guns I have and also the ones I still need. I think she knows

tufrthnails
05-01-2019, 04:34 PM
Probably. I'm not really sure. I work on a lot of guns for friends and family. So at any given time I may have a few extra that are not mine and she has never asked about any of them.

hafejd30
05-01-2019, 05:45 PM
Yup she shakes her head now and then. Especially when it comes to 50 cals and suppressors lol. Every gun and suppressor is covered under insurance riders so she know exactly what they’re worth to. I picked a good one I guess!!