PDA

View Full Version : Any vendors or anyone who can recomend a vendor to do some light smithing.

skoger
02-27-2019, 08:38 PM
Just thought i would post this in this section. I have a friend who wants to cut a 24"6.5 creedmoor barrel, to 16 1/2 inches, thread the muzzle and recrown it, and make a thread protector for. My small lathe has too small a tailstock to do it. Can anyone steer me to a vendor who can do this, in a timley manner, or any vendors feel free to chime in.

J.Baker
02-27-2019, 11:13 PM
Any decent gunsmith with a lathe should be able to handle that. If you add your location to your profile it would also let people know where you are and they might be able to recommend someone in your area.

tobnpr
02-28-2019, 08:29 PM
My small lathe has too small a tailstock to do it. Can anyone steer me to a vendor who can do this, in a timley manner, or any vendors feel free to chime in.

Not sure what you mean by "too small a tailstock"? You mean your bed length? Just about any lathe (other than a 7" mini lathe) can handle a 16-1/2" barrel.

Hybridhunternm
03-04-2019, 07:53 PM
Check out class 3 machining out of Texas. Fast turnaround and very competitive pricing

TXRoadlizard
03-05-2019, 10:00 PM
Just thought i would post this in this section. I have a friend who wants to cut a 24"6.5 creedmoor barrel, to 16 1/2 inches, thread the muzzle and recrown it, and make a thread protector for. My small lathe has too small a tailstock to do it. Can anyone steer me to a vendor who can do this, in a timley manner, or any vendors feel free to chime in.

"Any of you boys smithies? Or otherwise trained in the metalurgical arts?"

Sorry, couldn't resist! :)

darkker
03-06-2019, 12:44 AM
Well played, you magnificent bastidge!!:rofl: