PDA

View Full Version : Hailing From Maine

martin08
02-26-2019, 12:29 PM
Hello, I'm Matt from Maine.

I joined a couple of days ago

plasticweld
02-26-2019, 01:18 PM
Hey Matt, Great to see another member from Maine. I lived in Waldoboro on the coast before moving to up-state NY almost 36 years ago. I fished for lobster and crab and worked in the woods. We still have a family cabin there on the lake, it sure has changed over the years.
What are you shooting for iron?

martin08
02-26-2019, 02:05 PM
Good to hear from a fellow Mainiac!

I'm an inland resident from the central foothills. My shooting and collecting interests are mostly in military arms.

plasticweld
02-26-2019, 03:05 PM
Only someone from Maine understands the benefits of buckshot when hunting deer. When I lived there the only long range shooting I did was either hills planted with blueberries for wood chucks or at the range.

Do you have a place you can shoot near you.

How much have the gun laws there changed? The state is a lot more liberal than when I lived there, I know back then it was easy to get a conceal carry permit by just going down a talking to the chief of police, my guess is those days are probably gone.

martin08
02-26-2019, 03:15 PM
Buckshot is a handy tool in the thick woods! We do have some gravel pits where it is possible to stretch the legs out to 150-200 yards. But longer ranges are few and far between.

We had a good Republican Administration, and Constitutional Carry was implemented in 2015, no permits needed anymore. Let's hope the new Governor leaves the freedom alone

drybean
02-26-2019, 04:17 PM
Welcome aboard

big honkin jeep
02-26-2019, 07:12 PM
Welcome

Sled
02-26-2019, 07:46 PM
Welcome! I got lost in the woods in Maine as a youngster.... gets dark there at night as best I remember.

DeltaNu1142
02-26-2019, 08:35 PM
Welcome - I grew up in the Great North Woods of northern Aroostook and graduated from UMaine. I just got off the phone with my folks. They've had six feet above the average winter snowfall... and it's still coming down. I miss it up there.

martin08
02-26-2019, 09:19 PM
Welcome - I grew up in the Great Noth Woods of northern Aroostook and graduated from UMaine. I just got off the phone with my folks. They've had six feet above the average winter snowfall... and it's still coming down. I miss it up there.

We've had a LOT of snow. But to make it worse, there has been no mid-winter thaw. I literally cannot see my house from the road, the snow bank blocks the view.

Welcome! I got lost in the woods in Maine as a youngster.... gets dark there at night as best I remember.

With a nickname like 'Sled', you would fit in quite well in Maine this winter.

ttexastom
03-02-2019, 10:02 AM
Welcome from northeast georgia