PDA

View Full Version : 10/110 barrels vs. Axis barrels

Pages : 1 [2]

Three44s
03-16-2019, 02:24 AM
I did an Axis SS sporter 22-250 install on a LH SS SA flat back recently and it is shooting 3 into .230” @100 thus far.

I got no complaints!

Three44s

Ryfulman
03-16-2019, 02:52 AM
The beauty of the barrel nut and floating bolt head. Both features introduced simplicity into the manufacturing process,and enabling the user to fairly easily change barrels and bolt faces,giving the user a plethora of cartridge options.
I don’t know how savage culls the “soooo close” parts but their must be a scale they grade everything on. My guess is the axis barrels are one step up from recycling. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. They are an inexpensive entry level hunting rifle that’ll put meat in the freezer every time.
I’m curious to know now that the topic has presented itself too,how savage barrels are tested and what exactly are the standards are for each rifle line up,if there is one.

Newtosavage
03-16-2019, 07:40 AM
I found all the answer I need from the Axis 7mm-08 barrel on my model 10 action.

Consistently 1/2" 3-shot groups from a cold barrel. Not a thing wrong with that!

Ryfulman
03-16-2019, 04:25 PM
I found all the answer I need from the Axis 7mm-08 barrel on my model 10 action.

Consistently 1/2" 3-shot groups from a cold barrel. Not a thing wrong with that!
for a hunting rifle that’s excellent.
We are in the golden age when it comes to bolt action rifles. Computer aided design has allowed for really interesting stock/action bedding platforms.
Like the V-groove Thompson Center is using on the dimension up front. It acts as a recoil lug too. And isn’t ruger using some kind of V block type system in their entry level American line up. The axis uses a recoil lug,don’t they? Recoil lug is a better system however those other rifles print MOA no problem. For a few hundred bucks.
Great time to get Into the sport. Wont cost a small fortune.