PDA

View Full Version : New Member from Kentucky

Pages : 1 [2]

Jimhoag
02-26-2019, 04:34 PM
Hello from central Kentucky Harrodsburg this road leads to a great time https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190226/f88605e0614d7419ff57be38c107c9f5.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

plasticweld
02-26-2019, 05:03 PM
Zapping you with a stun gun sounds about right. Our instructors idea was to run us to death up and down the hill until you were completely out of breath, then shoot. All that stuff is great practice, but with my bad back, it's just not for me anymore.... Yep, put me in the recliner with a bipod and I'm happy.....lol

It is a long winded story and one probably most are not going to read on this site...but about 12 years ago our home was broken into while we were home. We had a small dog that I determined, was my wife's job to let out at 3 am, not mine. The dog was growling, I figured nature called, and I really didn't care for that small dog. She headed down the stairs.

My wife went down stairs to let him out only to see someone peek around the corner of the kitchen. She hollered out, "There is someone in the house!" I heard there is a, "Fire in the house!" I ran down stairs with a fire extinguisher, not a gun. After tumbling down the stairs and getting up she repeated, "There is someone in the house!"

This is where I would love to tell you I did everything right, instead I did everything wrong.

I had been training as a kickboxer for the last 2 1/2 years at that time, about 20 hours a week. The only training that kicked in was my fighting with my hands and feet. I walked by two loaded guns in the process, only to somehow think I was going to solve the problem with my body, not a weapon.

My training kicked in...not the one I needed and I wish I had more training at the time under stress with my firearms. I have no excuses I have spent hundreds of hours on the range dealing with what I thought was real life problems, doing all the drills from retention to disarms.

My training kicked...just not the right one for the moment.

Sled
02-26-2019, 05:07 PM
Hello from central Kentucky Harrodsburg this road leads to a great time https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190226/f88605e0614d7419ff57be38c107c9f5.jpg

Looks familiar...lol. Spent a lot of time in Harrodsburg, I have a buddy with a farm in Cornishville that I took my last deer on a few years back...

Sled
02-26-2019, 05:10 PM
It is a long winded story and one probably most are not going to read on this site...but about 12 years ago our home was broken into while we were home. We had a small dog that I determined, was my wife's job to let out at 3 am, not mine. The dog was growling, I figured nature called, and I really didn't care for that small dog. She headed down the stairs.

My wife went down stairs to let him out only to see someone peek around the corner of the kitchen. She hollered out, "There is someone in the house!" I heard there is a, "Fire in the house!" I ran down stairs with a fire extinguisher, not a gun. After tumbling down the stairs and getting up she repeated, "There is someone in the house!"

This is where I would love to tell you I did everything right, instead I did everything wrong.

I had been training as a kickboxer for the last 2 1/2 years at that time, about 20 hours a week. The only training that kicked in was my fighting with my hands and feet. I walked by two loaded guns in the process, only to somehow think I was going to solve the problem with my body, not a weapon.

My training kicked in...not the one I needed and I wish I had more training at the time under stress with my firearms. I have no excuses I have spent hundreds of hours on the range dealing with what I thought was real life problems, doing all the drills from retention to disarms.

My training kicked...just not the right one for the moment.

It happens.... under stress the body relies on muscle memory and what you know best. Early in my career, I made a DUI stop one night about 2am, and got the guy out to give him tests (he was really wasted) and he pulled a .22 cal pistol on me. For reasons unknown to me, instead of shooting him, I just went to work with the flashlight, which was not the right thing either, but it worked, he lived, I lived, he went to prison and I went home.

Jimhoag
02-26-2019, 08:43 PM
I've spent to much time in Cornishville

Jimhoag
02-26-2019, 08:44 PM
That's the road to the annual 1911addicts shoot. In Garrard county.