PDA

View Full Version : Using savage axis in 22 creedmoor build

Rlight
02-19-2019, 09:44 PM
Can anyone tell me if it can be used. I know you can use the 110/10 &12 actions but can you use the axis for a 22 creedmoor build?

bc160
02-19-2019, 11:02 PM
You can. There is several right ups on this site about how to use a "normal" recoil lug if you wish. It does take some machining if that's the way you want to go. I personally haven't had an issue with the factory axis style. I built a 6.5 creedmore on the axis to use in some local prs matches. So far it has been doing fantastic and will likely shoot way better than my abilities for quite some time
I'm sure others will be on here with some greater insight than my own. I love the axis platform and have built several different calibers on that platform. Good luck.

SageRat Shooter
02-20-2019, 06:21 PM
The 10, 11,12, 16 (old style) are better to build off of... Just my opinion... The recoil lug setup leaves much to be desired and working around the trigger assembly when trying to bed the action is a PITA. I built my 22-250 off the Axis line. the 111 was ALOT easier, as well as the aftermarket support being greater.