PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here

Mattw1959
02-18-2019, 09:19 AM
Hello everyone,

I just bought my first scoped rifle for fun shooting and some hunting later on. Yes I missed deer season, but that's ok. I'm a retired LEO and haven't hunted anything since what I hunted could shoot back. Lots of experience with hand guns, shot guns and AR's. I also have a very sweet shooting WW2 M1 Garand.

For my first scoped rifle, I went with an entry Model 12FV 6.5 Creedmoor. I plan to get a Boyd's stock and would like to convert it to a box fed magazine. I'm sure there's a thread on here somewhere I can look for. But, if anyone wants to save me some search time and throw a fews pears of wisdom my way, I'm open to your wisdom and experience.

drybean
02-18-2019, 10:31 AM
Welcome aboard

plasticweld
02-18-2019, 06:13 PM
Hey Matt welcome to the site. I also just picked up a 6.5 Creedmoor with the idea of doing a little customizing and learning to load for it. We can learn together the ins and outs of the calibur, my guess is we will be following in the footsteps of many here. Members here seem really friendly.

I also used to do a lot of pistol shooting, IDPA, combat shoots and three gun style events. I used to belong to a tactical Arts group that was a great place to learn real life skills.

Good luck in gaining some pearls of wisdom. Are you planning on reloading? Bob

J.Baker
02-19-2019, 01:05 AM
Welcome!

big honkin jeep
02-19-2019, 02:39 PM
Welcome

ttexastom
02-20-2019, 10:28 PM
Welcome from northeast georgia