PDA

View Full Version : MDT LSS Questions

Shibbershabber
02-17-2019, 08:59 PM
Sure there are plenty of posts. But can't search 'mdt' or 'lss'

So. I have a long action, bottom bolt release & detachable mag.

Looking at the LSS or LSS XL

I have a full varmint profile 26" barrel the rifle is pretty front heavy, how are these for shooting off a bipod?

These use AICS mags? No other mods needed, just drop in the chassis and good to go?

Any other info would be appreciated.

psharon97
02-18-2019, 12:47 PM
I can answer some of these questions.

I have a 260 built using an LSS chassis. Personally, I wish I could extend the bipod out a little further, but the LSS does work. I use this rifle long range hunting. Shooting off a bipod with one isn't bad. Make sure you select a good stock, like the magpul prs stock, or at a minimum, the xlr tactical butstock. These do use AICS magazines, and you won't have to modify the magazine any further.

TXRoadlizard
02-22-2019, 12:09 AM
Isn't the LSS-XL for longer barrels? That would put your bipod further out?

6mmBR_Shooter
02-22-2019, 01:30 AM
Yes, the end of the XL is longer so it balances the longer and heavier profile barrels better. However, I ran a 26 inch heavy varmint barrel on an LSS and it was decent off of a bench. Field conditions I can't speak to.

Hybridhunternm
03-05-2019, 12:30 PM
I prefer the xl with a longer barrel but the lss for me is very capable. I am always toying around the idea of chopping the barrel length so it’s good to have flexibility

armydoc
04-28-2019, 06:16 AM
My wife runs an XL on her PRS gun and we bought a BA Stealth as a backup which as you know has a standard LSS chassis and being able to feel and see the two side by side, there is a big difference in balance, feel and usability of the bi-pod (especially PRS style shooting). If I were to suggest one or the other it would be the XL all day. It is definitely worth the extra money

A&8's
04-30-2019, 11:24 AM
Sure there are plenty of posts. But can't search 'mdt' or 'lss'

So. I have a long action, bottom bolt release & detachable mag.

Looking at the LSS or LSS XL

I have a full varmint profile 26" barrel the rifle is pretty front heavy, how are these for shooting off a bipod?

These use AICS mags? No other mods needed, just drop in the chassis and good to go?

Any other info would be appreciated.

The LSS is stupid short. I would not recommend it for a 26". I just finished the below for a custom with a 26" bull. He insisted on the LSS chassis, against my advise on being front heavy, not to mention the shortened placement of the bipod.

Yes, they accept standard AICS style mags.
https://i1348.photobucket.com/albums/p723/RDTague/Christy%20223%20build_zpsqt6dod7p.jpg