hoechst63
02-13-2019, 11:38 AM
Has any one In Savage Land
put a Barrel Tuner on a B22
if so, does it work?

Thanks for looking

J.Baker
02-13-2019, 02:26 PM
Don't know anyone off-hand who's put one on a Savage, but one would work on a Savage just the same as it would any other brand/model of rimfire rifle. I know a lot of guys like the Harrell tuner and I've considered getting one for my 10/22 bench gun, but haven't pulled the trigger on one yet.

http://harrellsprec.com/index.php/products/harrell-rimfire-tuners-403

NicfromAlabama
02-13-2019, 08:39 PM
They do work. I don't have a Harrell tuner, but I tried the cheaper Limbsaver on my 10/22 with bull barrel. Slide it up and down the barrel until you get your best group. Handy for .22s, because you cannot tweak the ammo to the rifle.

hoechst63
04-22-2019, 03:45 PM
tried out a barrel tuner today the inexpensive rubber one.

Compared two brands of 22lr shot both with out the tuner (100 yards) - installed the tuner and shot my ammo of preference .
- did some adjusting finally the best grouping with tuner about 6 inches from the muzzle . Tuned he gun with screws set at 20 pounds -
I tightened the screws and the grouping did spread out.
Went back to 20 pound setting and group tightened right up .
Then shot the other ammo with the tuner set for my preferred ammo - the grouping was worse than when I shot it with
no tuner .
Tuner does have a effect on the tightness of your grouping - for 10 dollars worth a try. Gun a B22 bull barrel plastic stock / 4x16 Weaver scope
not a world beater but fun to shoot.

HalfTrack
04-22-2019, 06:41 PM
They do work, but you need to be very patient while trying to find a sweet spot for your rifle and load. Even 22LR may change POI for each different load you try.
The balancers/tuners that are used on Biathalon Rifles work very well, just takes a boat load of testing and time.