Pages : 1 [2]

BB68
02-11-2019, 08:24 PM
I would have fixed it myself.
:thumb:

And how would that be?

BB68
02-11-2019, 08:50 PM
Just checked my tracking number, delivered @ 10:04 AM. Thanks Texas10 I don't think I will ever ship a firearm any other way from now on.

Robinhood
02-11-2019, 11:14 PM
Through various checks I would have identified the issue and repaired or replaced the offending parts.

Texas10
02-11-2019, 11:16 PM
I know some folks who've worked loading UPS trucks. They arrive to work at 3 am and literally throw the packages into the truck until 5 am. Then off it goes. It's no wonder so many packages are damaged.

I've gone to using USPS because it's much more reasonable in cost, and the packages aren't so likely to be handled by a gorilla. Yes, there is theft within the USPS system. I used to have neighbors who worked for USPS. He was an internal fraud investigator, and she an external fraud investigator. Taught me a lot.

TAPE OVER THE ADDRESS LABEL so it can't be bleached, bled, or peeled. Once it goes to the dead letter office, it's a goner to the thieves. I also write on the exterior of one end "addressee label inside this flap" so if the label becomes "somehow lost", the ship-to address can be obtained easily.

For shipping barrels, I use two pieces of "pool noodle" which is a closed cell foam pool toy. I tape a piece to each end of the barrel that has been wrapped in brown shipping paper so it can't rattle around in a box. Very stable way of packing it.

tobnpr
02-13-2019, 07:49 PM
The weight adds expense, but you can't beat shipping in a hard case- even one of the cheap "Plano" ones. I use stainless steel, locking zip-ties to secure before sending back to the customer. Not "theft proof", but you need side-cutters to remove them.

Pelican cases are bulletproof, but break out your wallet because of the weight.

BB68
07-03-2019, 09:22 AM
Update on rifle. Savage replaced receiver and barrel. I am guessing proof marks on the barrel didnt clock correctly with the new receiver, why the barrel was replaced too.

Texas10
07-04-2019, 03:02 PM
Where you able to get it changed to 6.5 CM?

Robinhood
07-04-2019, 03:39 PM
Nomenclature goes on the barrel after it is assembled to the action. They probably just grabbed a barreled action off the shelf. Not that it matters. I hope this one gives you less trouble.

BB68
07-04-2019, 05:13 PM
Where you able to get it changed to 6.5 CM?

No. I bought a 6.5 in the meantime so it didnt matter.

I took it down to the range today and it shoots like a new rifle should.

Fotheringill
07-08-2019, 10:37 AM
A Happy Ending.

Underdog
07-08-2019, 01:10 PM
I'm glad it all worked out.

J.Baker
07-09-2019, 06:14 PM
When it comes to UPS the shipping price goes up if it has to cross the Mississippi River, and goes up even more if it's going to the west coast. Last Bushnell review scope I shipped back cost me $14 to ship via UPS (Ohio to Kansas). Last Leupold I shipped back (Ohio to Oregon) cost me almost $30 via UPS.

tobnpr
07-09-2019, 08:48 PM
They probably just grabbed a barreled action off the shelf.

I'm sure they wish that they could...
But obviously a lot more hassle and inconvenience on the customer end when a manufacturer goes the replacement route so it's generally avoided unless the firearm cannot be satisfactorily repaired.

He'd know it if they did, it would need to go to his local FFL for another 4473.

BB68
07-09-2019, 10:42 PM
I'm sure they wish that they could...
But obviously a lot more hassle and inconvenience on the customer end when a manufacturer goes the replacement route so it's generally avoided unless the firearm cannot be satisfactorily repaired.

He'd know it if they did, it would need to go to his local FFL for another 4473.

I couldnt care less how they fixed, but it did get a new receiver and barrel. I took pics of the SN and barrel before I sent it in. When it came back they were in total different fonts and size.
I took it to the range for sight in with some cheap tulammo and still got a nice clover leaf before I left.

tobnpr
07-10-2019, 05:45 PM
I was wrong...checked CFR and so long as the replacement firearm was the same as that sent in for service/repair no 4473 transfer is needed.
Just correcting my mistake :stung:

BB68
07-11-2019, 10:52 AM
I would just like to clarify that the rifle has the same SN before and after replacement receiver.