PDA

View Full Version : Trophy hunter or Accustock to Bell and Carlson conversion

CO_west
02-03-2019, 05:40 PM
Has anyone taken a Trophy Hunter rifle and put it in a Bell and Carlson stock? I've been thinking I'd like to buy a Savage rifle and put it in a B&C sporter-style stock, but I'm not sure what it would take to make it work. Would the detachable magazine stock work without modifications? I thought that the Trophy Hunter rifles use Axis magazines instead of the ones found on other 110s. But the 110s using the standard mags all have the accustock (or new accufit stock), and wouldn't that require a new recoil lug to work in the B&C? Any advice from people who have done this already would be appreciated.

Swissfan
02-04-2019, 11:02 AM
I am not sure on the B&C, but I have put a non accustock Stevens 200 action (same as Savage 10) into a HS Precision stock. The standard (non accustock recoil) lug worked fine in the HS, but you can't put the standard recoil lug into an accustock. If you get the B&C with DBM, you will also have to get the bottom metal. You can use the TH magazine, just remove the clip from the bottom plate, or get a metal bottom plate.