PDA

View Full Version : MSR10: Reloading for MSR 10 in 6.5 Creedmoor

Barneyhunts
01-29-2019, 07:52 PM
Is it necessary to use a "Small Base" resizing die when reloading for the MSR 10? Does a small base resizing die affect accuracy?
Thanks,
Barney

98dyna
01-29-2019, 09:59 PM
Shouldn't have to, I didn't on my .308.

J.Baker
01-29-2019, 10:43 PM
If you're reloading brass that was last fired in that same rifle, no. If you're reloading brass that was fired in another make/model rifle you may have to depending on that other rifles chamber dimensions.

Typically (in my experience at least) the only time you need to use a small base die is when reloading cases for one gun that were previously fired in another - usually a semi-auto. You do want to FL size anything you feed into a semi-auto though to ensure reliable feeding.

Barneyhunts
01-31-2019, 09:15 PM
Shouldn't have to, I didn't on my .308.
Thank you,
Barney

Barneyhunts
01-31-2019, 09:16 PM
If you're reloading brass that was last fired in that same rifle, no. If you're reloading brass that was fired in another make/model rifle you may have to depending on that other rifles chamber dimensions.

Typically (in my experience at least) the only time you need to use a small base die is when reloading cases for one gun that were previously fired in another - usually a semi-auto. You do want to FL size anything you feed into a semi-auto though to ensure reliable feeding.
Thank you,
Barney