PDA

View Full Version : Where's our coyote hunters?

J.Baker
01-29-2019, 03:14 AM
It's prime time coyote hunting season for those of use in the eastern states and the midwest now that deer season is over and winter is in full swing. So where's all of our coyote hunters? More important, where's all those pic's!

yobuck
01-30-2019, 09:44 AM
The big coyote hunt weekend is coming up very soon in NC PA.
The 2 major sportsman's clubs in the area, have been involved as sponcers for decades now.
The Sinnemahoning Sportsman's club in Sinnemahoning, and the Mosquito Creek Sportsman's in Frenchville have in recent years started doing their hunts on the same weekend so as to draw a bigger crowd.
There is major cash prizes involved, so it tends to draw people from over a wide area.
My grandson has been taking a group of friends to our camp for the hunt for several years now, and is planning it again this year.
Last year they hauled a road kill deer from Maryland to put out for bait, and I suspect they might do that again.

BB68
01-30-2019, 10:37 AM
Its hard for me to compete when the local veterinarian spends 10s of thousands of dollars on night vision equipment and suppressors. As of Jan 1st he had over 40 of them.

He got 4 out of a pack of 7 in just one calling behind my buddies house. I realize that they were probably yearlings but that leaves less uneducated for me.

J.Baker
01-30-2019, 10:48 AM
Sounds like you need to work on your friendship with that vet so he'll invite you along and maybe let you borrow some of that fancy equipment.

Stumpkiller
01-30-2019, 12:21 PM
Have not seen a thing since November (saw some during bow season).

But that's fine because I don't call them in and mostly come across them near the chicken coops or skirting the pasture. We sold the Shetland Sheep flock a couple years ago and there will be no lambs to draw them in.

Frontier Gear
01-30-2019, 12:45 PM
I've been out twice for a couple of hours each time this year, but no luck. If I get some more time, I'd like to get a little more serious about it. I hope to pick up a new-to-me Savage 12 in 22-250 with a varmint barrel tomorrow for this purpose. A friend has a full hay barn in a field that would be a great place to call them in at.

flowj
01-30-2019, 05:42 PM
I would love to show pics but I never have been able to upload files. It always tells me upload has failed.

celltech
01-30-2019, 06:48 PM
We need some up in Dallas....they keep attacking joggers in the Frisco area.

yobuck
01-30-2019, 07:07 PM
We need some up in Dallas....they keep attacking joggers in the Frisco area.
They be attackin the wrong folks in Frisco, but importin a few in some places might just be a good idea.

J.Baker
01-30-2019, 07:32 PM
I would love to show pics but I never have been able to upload files. It always tells me upload has failed.

Most likely has to do with the size of images you're trying to upload. I believe 5Mb is the size limit.

plasticweld
02-18-2019, 03:17 PM
I have seen the same three every morning at my log job in the fields I a working next to, each day they seem to pay a little less attention to me. I think I will be taking advantage of confidence.

I have tried calling them in with poor luck, I have been surrounded by them and made just a peep and have them all go silent. I have no idea if they are hunted hard here and wise or if I am doing something wrong. There seems to be plenty of them around but I lack the know how on how to get them.

coueschaser
02-20-2019, 02:00 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190220/8fee9bae15d1aedf778e3d1fdb18e8dc.jpg shot this female with my 22-250 killed quite a few more this winter but used my ruger American 243

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk