PDA

View Full Version : Should I get a bipod?

Pages : 1 [2]

Nub Hippie
02-07-2019, 12:45 PM
I would call them a pair but looks nice, let us know how they work for you. Have you ever tried a cuff style sling in conjunction with ur rest? They make a huge difference. If you're curious to try it and don't want to pay turner or ron brown prices for a leather one like the M190 you could always grab a usgi style web sling that they use a lot at the appleseed shoots that will do the same thing for like $15. I'd go with cotton over nylon since they feel better and don't slip.

Stumpkiller
02-07-2019, 12:50 PM
Might be a while. All of my hunting this time of year is shotgunning for birds.

CFJunkie
02-07-2019, 02:49 PM
I have been shooting off Sinclair's Generation 3 F-Class bipods with Protecktor rear bags for about 6 years.
Most of my shooting is from a bench but the F-Class bipods are particularly effective when shooting prone as well.
I had tried two types of Harris bipods but found that they hop unless they are front loaded and the variation in pressure from shot to shot caused me to move and muscle the rifle inconsistently.
The Sinclair F-Class eliminates hop completely and I replaced my large and heavy Sinclair adjustable front rest with the F-Class bipods and got better results and a very consistent and repeatable set up.
I use my two F-Class bipods for all my rifles from .22LR to .308 when I am load testing because I can eliminate shooter induced variations and get load and bullet results that I can compare from session to session.

They work great for me. It's too bad you can't try one to see if you like it.
A number of shooters (at least 7) at our range have converted to the same set up after trying my set up and finding it so stable and repeatable.
I get a lot of 'thank you' comments when I see the converts at the range, actually got one this week.

Nub Hippie
02-07-2019, 03:01 PM
All of those bipods with the wide stance are supposed to be extremely stable but they are all pretty expensive, definitely too much for the buy it and try it attitude for me. Living where I do there aren't a lot of local ranges and not much happens at them so my ability to try new things is limited to what I'm willing to spend usually.