PDA

View Full Version : New Savage possible jam in mag?

stash
10-11-2010, 04:00 PM
Finally went out with my Savage 12 VLP DBM in 223. At 50 yards nice tight groups after sighting in my scope, at 100 yards well I need practice?. I was using PMC .223 in 55 grain. The gun seems to jam a little.
This is what happens, I load 5 rounds into the mag the 1st shot always works then the 2nd shot loads then when I pull the trigger the trigger is locked and won’t pull back. I eject the round go the next round and it works ok. Seems intermittent which round fails. I have not tried any other ammo other than PMC but will try later. Any info on why this may be happening? I put the failed round back in the rifle and it fires ok. Once the gun went click on a round, I ejected it and used it again, and then it fired. This is a brand new gun with a total of 25 rounds thru it.

Thanks for any help.

Stash

bigbada
10-11-2010, 06:20 PM
sounds like the safety on tha accu trigger is activating. cured mine by adjusting the trigger.

stash
10-11-2010, 06:43 PM
Interesting?----adjust trigger? Trigger setting is from factory-----maybe its too light?
Thanks for the info

stash

fatdaddy
10-11-2010, 08:39 PM
Yes, your trigger is just a bit light. Tighten the pull up a bit and you'll be fine. BTW, I found mine didnt like the the pcm's at all. Try some blackhills ammo if you dont reload. Bill

stash
10-15-2010, 08:27 PM
To those who have adjusted the Savage trigger, I took the Stock off and turned the trigger adjustment screw 1/2 a turn clockwise. I hope this is enough and it tightens it up a little.

Thanks

stash