PDA

View Full Version : Bipod Attachment Help?

gg224
01-26-2019, 09:51 AM
I currently have a Davies bipod. It is made for an Anshutz rail. People have put them on AR style rifles, or at least Chasis framed rifles similar to the Savage Stealth.

With the Savage Stealth/Evolution having only a swivel stud, is anyone familiar with a straight forward way to attach a UIT type rail to use this type of bipod?

It would look similar to this: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/sabisley/my-f-tr-rifle-t284.html

Thanks in advance.

J.Baker
01-27-2019, 01:24 AM
The Stealth/Evolution both feature an M-Lok forend so what you would need is something to go from M-Lok to Anschutz UIT.

gg224
01-27-2019, 10:41 AM
The Stealth/Evolution both feature an M-Lok forend so what you would need is something to go from M-Lok to Anschutz UIT.

That is what I figured and was seeing if anyone had any examples. I ended up sending all my info. to a gunsmith and he knows what I need. Now I just have to wait and see if he thinks he can do it.

I don't care much for the Sinclair bipod(they work fine and attach to a stud, just not my preference)....if this doesn't work out for this rifle I'll put it on another and keep looking.

gg224
02-14-2019, 12:44 PM
The best the gun shop could do was tell me that they would figure out something but had no idea what nor what it would cost. I passed on this option.

I figured it out myself. If anyone wants to put a bipod or accessory that attaches to an anshutz style rail on an aluminum chasis or AR style hand guard, they need only a few things. A company called Field Target Shop, online but located in Lithuania I think, sells a UIT Rail Accessory in lengths of 5-20 CM's. As long as your hand guard is M-lok, use however many M-lok T-nut and screws necessary to attach the rail to the guard.

A 10 CM (about 4 inch) rail ($20) attached with 3 M-lok T-nuts and screws ($8 for 10 pack) to the guard.

I'm guessing the gunsmith would have drilled the aluminum and attached it in a way that it wasn't as easily removable and cost quite a bit more.

J.Baker
02-14-2019, 02:42 PM
Glad to hear you found a solution.