PDA

View Full Version : Target action hole spacing and aftermarket stock

s1rk1118
10-10-2010, 01:07 PM
Want to start a build with the new target action. Is the spacing 4.41? Is the trigger assembly location radically different from the standard centerfeed action? This is my proposed plan, feel free to tell me if this can't be done. Target action, either 3 screws or DBM (2 screws), with a Bell&Carlson Medalist stock with 4.41 spacing and a single feed loading ramp (probably from Sharp Shooter Supply as this is the only one I have seen) if I go with the DBM action. If I go with the 3 screw action, I either won't use the center screw or epoxy the empty space in the stock and install a pillar.

frank1947
10-10-2010, 04:33 PM
target action is 4.4 on the 2 holes they make a stock for that action that is single shot you need to mount with 3 hole if your going to use a heavy barrel and a long one like those that come on target action, the dbm action has on new models a 4.4 spacing and you can buy a stock for it

s1rk1118
10-11-2010, 10:43 AM
Thanks for the info on the hole spacing. Does anyone have actual experience with Bell & Carlson Medalist stocks and the target action? I have 2 B & C stocks. One on a staggerfeed and one on a centerfeed. Both are standard actions (12 and 10).