PDA

View Full Version : Savage 11VT's on Clearance at Dick's - $279

Pages : [1] 2

NCHuntr
01-09-2019, 07:53 PM
Hey guys, just a heads up... stopped by Dick's today looking for something not related to hunting. Ended up walking out with a 11VT 22-250 for $279 plus tax. I noticed they were on clearance a while back for $349 and even that was not a bad deal. Today the tag had a black dot on it that signified it had an additional 20% off. They only had 1 left, the 22-250. So she came home with me. Just a heads up as this is another great shooter, even thought its old, and a phenomenal base to build upon for only $279. I called some neighboring stores and no 308's are to be found., but 223, 22-250, and 243s are. I already have a 243 in this model and she shoots even bone stock! I might just end up having to buy a .223. Stay tuned, lol.

Ted_Feasel
01-09-2019, 08:00 PM
Hey guys, just a heads up... stopped by Dick's today looking for something not related to hunting. Ended up walking out with a 11VT 22-250 for $279 plus tax. I noticed they were on clearance a while back for $349 and even that was not a bad deal. Today the tag had a black dot on it that signified it had an additional 20% off. They only had 1 left, the 22-250. So she came home with me. Just a heads up as this is another great shooter, even thought its old, and a phenomenal base to build upon for only $279. I called some neighboring stores and no 308's are to be found., but 223, 22-250, and 243s are. I already have a 243 in this model and she shoots even bone stock! I might just end up having to buy a .223. Stay tuned, lol.22.250 is one of my favorite rounds, fast, flat and extremely accurate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Megastink
01-09-2019, 11:20 PM
Good to know! Do they come in 6.5 Creedmoor?

NCHuntr
01-12-2019, 07:12 AM
Good to know! Do they come in 6.5 Creedmoor?

They do not come in 6.5 Creedmoor.

J.Baker
01-12-2019, 01:10 PM
Wait a minute, I thought we were all boycotting Dick's after they stopped selling AR's and lobbied for more gun control after the Las Vegas shooting. I guess that only counts when they don't have deals on Savage's....

NCHuntr
01-12-2019, 01:13 PM
Yep, that $279 was the last money spent in Dicks since I bought my 243 11vt for $349. Lol. Hey, the love for Savage is real!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

olddav
01-13-2019, 09:56 AM
Wait a minute, I thought we were all boycotting Dick's after they stopped selling AR's and lobbied for more gun control after the Las Vegas shooting. I guess that only counts when they don't have deals on Savage's....

I’m with you! I wouldn’t buy any thing from Dicks regardless of price. Convictions sometimes carry a price.

NCHuntr
01-13-2019, 10:01 AM
To each his own I guess.... Do I love Dicks? No. Does their stance align with mine? No. Not here to get in a political debate. Just thought I’d pass along a great deal on our beloved Savages.

olddav
01-13-2019, 11:29 AM
To each his own I guess.... Do I love Dicks? No. Does their stance align with mine? No. Not here to get in a political debate. Just thought I’d pass along a great deal on our beloved Savages.

I don't care for political debates either (or any debates), my intent is to offer my opinion on the topic at hand. If my post came across a bit curt, sorry. I am not a word smith (writer) and can't convey the inflection and tone of my thoughts.

Edit: Even this doesn't read the way it does in my head!

cowboybart
01-13-2019, 12:35 PM
I'm with ya. I will never step foot into a Dick's again. This is not a political debate, just a statement. If a person is willing to sell his soul for a $50 or $100 savings - let him - my soul is worth more than that. I will not judge the soul seller, nor do I want to be judged by my position.

NCHuntr
01-13-2019, 01:08 PM
Sell his soul.... good grief. I’m trash I guess.... will be even more trash when I go to another store today and buy a .223 for $279. Funny thing is.... I slept extremely well last night.

wbm
01-13-2019, 02:47 PM
.._

J.Baker
01-13-2019, 02:54 PM
Ok guys, simmer down. No need to pile up on anyone if they opted to take advantage of a deal. I only mentioned it as I found the irony of it a bit humorous. As was noted, to each their own. Don't need something as silly as this driving a wedge between otherwise like-minded people here.

big honkin jeep
01-13-2019, 05:17 PM
Not that it makes any difference but doubt they're making any money or even covering their cost at that price.

I wouldn't see where taking advantage of a leveraged position and helping them lose money would weigh too heavily on the mind.

Bigbuckdn
01-13-2019, 06:44 PM
Yep, that $279 was the last money spent in Dicks since I bought my 243 11vt for $349. Lol. Hey, the love for Savage is real!

Well now the thing is you found it because you were there to buy something else

don’t get me wrong I would have bought it
I have a gift certificate from Xmas not gonna throw it out due to politics

NCHuntr
01-13-2019, 06:56 PM
Bigbuckdn, listen here... you don’t know me, so buzz off. You calling me out like a liar makes you feel like a man, huh? I don’t have to explain a damn thing to you. My son needed a heavy jacket and my wife told me to swing by Dicks to look at a North Face. I didn’t buy a jacket, nor have I bought anything since my last gun there. Want to call my wife to verify? Maybe she’s a liar too.. But since you’re an internet tough guy (like a lot of y’all) I’m sure you won’t and probably just have another smart ass reply.

Never thought a paid membership could get me sooo much!

Oh... and to piss you all off some more, I bought a .223 today at another Dicks location!! Man, that’s like $600 I’ve given them in a week. Crucify me now....

olddav
01-13-2019, 08:02 PM
:fencing:

I cant turn away!

charlie b
01-13-2019, 09:57 PM
I go in Dick's every month or so just in case they have something I want.

If you want to not do business with anyone threatening gun rights or supporting leftist agendas then there are only one or two places you can shop. Even Walmart isn't one of them.

jpx2rk
01-14-2019, 04:53 PM
I went in one today in NW FL to see if they had any left, didn't see any. Don't need/desire another firearm right now, but a good deal is a good deal. To OP, thanks for spreading the good news.

This thread should not have gone sideways with the political slant on it, OP just wanted to spread some news about a good deal. JMO

Robinhood
01-14-2019, 10:17 PM
They built a new Dicks near me a couple of years ago. Never had a reason to go in there. If I ever did and I could buy something from them at their loss...I might do it.