PDA

View Full Version : Anyone convert Model 111 300RUM internal magazine to detachable magazine

knowolive2000
10-10-2010, 01:29 AM
Hi all,

Anyone successfully convert a Model 111 300 RUM (with Accutrigger) from an internal magazine to a detachable box magazine? If so, what parts were needed and where did you buy the parts? Was any machining required? Is it a do it yourself project? Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Joe

frankt
10-10-2010, 08:10 AM
I am working on a 7mm wsm build on a 112 long action. I am looking to do the same thing but the two drop mag conversions from Sharp Shooters Supply and Tactical Works are only available in short action. I called Savage and spoke with Eric and he stated that I would be able to convert my rifle to a drop mag as long as it was a newer action. He will need the serial number to know for sure and said that the hardware would cost about $90.

If you find any other alternatives please let me know.

knowolive2000
10-10-2010, 10:55 AM
frankt,

I posted this about a week ago.

Hi all,

Is it possible to convert a Model 110 30-06 with an internal magazine to use a detachable box magazine?

What would I need to modify/purchase?

Thanks.

knowolive2000

I recieved this response:

Yes. You can use either the Savage Center Feed OEM bottom metal and magazines, or Jeff at CDI Precision now has bottom metal to use the Accuracy International 300 win mags/w slight modification to the feed lips. You will have to have your stock inletted for the DBM, CDI also does this if you can't do it yourself.

HTH
Emory Jones

I didn't win the 30-06 in auction so now I'm trying for a Savage 300 RUM with the same problem. Do you know the feed style (staggered or center) for 300 RUM? I don't know if the magnums are any different from the 30-06 reciever. I also talked with Jeff at CDI. He has DBM kits for long actions. They are expensive though.

Thanks for the reply. I'd loke to now how you conversion turns out.

Joe