PDA

View Full Version : A17/A22 Series: A22 accu trigger expectaions

JAC1954
01-07-2019, 04:10 PM
Savage is supposed to send me back my A22 thumbhole target that I sent them because the trigger was creepy and the lowest pull I could set on it was just over 5lbs. I am wondering what to expect when it gets here.

Mike.h
01-19-2019, 06:25 PM
I finally replaced my A17 trigger with the unit from JARD. Kinda pricy, but it makes a huge difference.

JAC1954
01-24-2019, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the reply. I have been doing some research and from what I have read it seems Savages "accu trigger" are a marketing gimmick. I am good at fixing triggers so when I finally get my rifle back if the trigger isn't up to their hype I will work on it. If I mess it up beyond fixing I'll go the after market route.

Mike.h
02-09-2019, 02:36 PM
Check out youtube, there are a couple pretty good videos there. I was able to get the stock trigger to break at about 1.5/2.0 pounds, but it was still very creepy. I've got a couple grandkids, and I feel the aftermarket trigger is the safer route.

Good luck with yours.

shastacaster
02-13-2019, 03:51 PM
From what I've seen/read/heard the Accu-Triggers on rimfires can only go as low as 5 lbs. They're usually set to their lowest pull at the factory, so the end-user can really only increase the pull weight.
I'm willing to bet Savage will send your rifle back with the pull still bottoming-out at 5 lbs. Let us know if they actually make any adjustments