PDA

View Full Version : blood lights?

chunks7mm
10-09-2010, 08:46 PM
anybody have one and have any luck with it?
my mothers BF has one and he shot a doe tonight,first thing he said to me when we met up is;i shot a decent doe and i need to go get my blood light!

you know what?it doesnt work for Sh!t if you ask me! ::)

pulled out my 12 dollar walmart 10 led light and proceeded to find his deer...after 5 minutes he pretty much chucked it in the woods ;D

but anyone have good luck with them?this was a bushnell one(dont qoute me on it,thought thats what it said on it)

EFBell
10-09-2010, 10:25 PM
There no use at all if you cant find the blood trail in the first place.

chunks7mm
10-10-2010, 06:26 AM
we had decent blood right from the get go,with arrow found right off...but when it got hard is with the leaves from maples that are red....we found her about 80 yards from POI

BobT
10-10-2010, 11:26 AM
I had pretty much the same experience as you did, my mini mag light with led conversion showed blood much better than the "blood light" . My favorite blood trailing light is a liquid fueled Coleman lantern.

Bob

EFBell
10-10-2010, 12:11 PM
Sometimes it pays to just look ahead for the deer and forget the blood trail. Ask me how I know.

chunks7mm
10-10-2010, 12:57 PM
I had pretty much the same experience as you did, my mini mag light with led conversion showed blood much better than the "blood light" . My favorite blood trailing light is a liquid fueled Coleman lantern.

Bob
i hear the Colman lantern over and over from other people,i just might have to try it some time

borg
10-11-2010, 12:43 AM
Sometimes it pays to just look ahead for the deer and forget the blood trail. Ask me how I know.

How do you know?

EFBell
10-11-2010, 06:53 PM
Well since you asked... More than one occasion felt like pulling my hair out and or giving up on a lost blood trail or one that just plain petered out only to walk 10 or 15 yards ahead and trip over the darn thing in high grass / weeds or corn.

Monkeymaster
10-12-2010, 08:06 PM
Coleman lantern +1.Build a tin shield from small coffee can so it doesn't blind you.
Be careful in dry timber and especially grass fields.
Also good luck with $10 head lamp with leds.
One other tip, bright colored surveyors ribbon/tape , mark each spot of blood, AS YOU TRAIL !!
This will help if you loose it, you can look back and see the ribbon trail, shows where to look next.
If you don't mark it the 1st time, you could loose the small specks just from walking on it, or the wind, rain, or snow ect.

chunks7mm
10-13-2010, 08:01 PM
actually we never track alone,always with 1 or 2 extra people and we leap frog basically...when we loose the trail,one person is always at the last blood sign

Toney
10-18-2010, 10:38 AM
My daughter bought me one of them colmans with an extra red and blue liens, with the blue lens it is;nt bright enough to see anything.

Bad Water Bill
10-19-2010, 02:26 PM
I have been using Coleman lanterns since the mid 50s. What is this extra RED BLUE liens. Never saw one in any major store?

Toney
10-19-2010, 02:56 PM
it's a pocket light