PDA

View Full Version : Newbie needs help

texasguy4
12-24-2018, 10:30 AM
Forgive my ignorance, but I’m new to the centerfire rifle world.

I recently purchased this gun:
Savage Axis II XP 6.5 Creedmoor Combo, #22137, 6.5 Creedmoor, 22" Heavy Barrel, Adjustable Accu Trigger, Factory Mounted, Bushnell 4-12 x 40 Scope with Adjustable Objective, Box Magazine.

I want to put a Boyd’s stock on it but I’m a little confused on how to order. I think I need to order: Short Action, Detachable Magazine, Bull Barrel.

Can someone here confirm or point me in the right direction?

Ted_Feasel
12-24-2018, 10:37 AM
Forgive my ignorance, but I’m new to the centerfire rifle world.

I recently purchased this gun:
Savage Axis II XP 6.5 Creedmoor Combo, #22137, 6.5 Creedmoor, 22" Heavy Barrel, Adjustable Accu Trigger, Factory Mounted, Bushnell 4-12 x 40 Scope with Adjustable Objective, Box Magazine.

I want to put a Boyd’s stock on it but I’m a little confused on how to order. I think I need to order: Short Action, Detachable Magazine, Bull Barrel.

Can someone here confirm or point me in the right direction?If you call boyds they can walk you through making sure you get the right one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

prdatr
12-24-2018, 10:46 AM
I believe all Axis models are long action.

azguy
12-24-2018, 10:53 PM
You are correct, Short action, top bolt release, detachable magazine. That is the very one that I ordered for my Axis 11 heavy barrel.
Even though Axis action is for long or short depending on how you set the bolt up.

charlie b
12-25-2018, 07:50 AM
I did the same with mine. Short or long action for the Axis on Boyd's site is really to fit the bottom hardware. On the stock selection page they give the dimensions of action screw distance that fits the stock. My heavy barrel fit their stock almost perfectly. I sanded out a little around the barrel just because I like a lot of clearance between barrel and stock.