PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: 17HMR 93 HB model mag feed problems

bubbinator
10-08-2010, 12:29 AM
I bought 17HMR HB bolt action w/ thumbe-hole stock @ Dicks Sporting Goods for a sweet price. It shoots great with the issue 3x9x40 Bushnell-.5 MOA at 100 yds. My problem is feeding from 5 rd. mags. I have 3, one suppied by Savage after I called about the feeding complaint. 1 was dust covered from a Bait Shop, so I have a wide spred of time-frame mags. Unless you firmly press up on the mag it will feed will not feed Rd 1 or 2, then only with some pressure that deforms the polymer bullet tips! Rds 3-5 feed relatively ok.
Any experience out there on my problem? Savage said send it back and they will look at it, but I hate to ship guns in the mail nowadays. Any help is greatly appreciated.

MaDa
10-10-2010, 10:49 PM
I've only ever had 1 issue with a feed in my 93r17, And that was because the 2nd mag i purchased doesnt like to seat completely all the time. With the bolt lever up and bolt pulled back, the magazine loads fine. It takes more effort then it should to release it. But no errors in feeding.

Are you sure the magazines are seating all the way up as far as it should go?
if yes see this: http://savageshooters.com/SavageForum/index.php/topic,30881.0.html

if you can't modify the magazines to get it to feed properly, Savage will be the people to ship it to.
Goodluck. Matt

bflee
08-14-2013, 07:16 PM
I found the solution! Take some long needle nose pliers and bend your magazine guide forward slowly until the magazine has no wiggle. It worked so good on my 22 mag I will probably buy me another 93 in 17 hmr. This was the only weak link in the 93 to me and this fixed mine and it is now perfect!