PDA

View Full Version : Hello From California-New to this Forum

randy-s
12-07-2018, 01:29 PM
Hello,

My name is Randy. I’m an old guy from Northern California, a retired commercial fisherman/cabinet shop owner/small businessman.

In the past competition clay target shooting was my passion. After tens of thousands of shots the right shoulder couldn’t take the pounding any longer. Shooting small caliber, light recoiling, flat shooting rifles became the new obsession. Guns like a Savage LRPV .223, a Savage 17 HMR, a Cooper in 17 Fireball and 20 Vartarg and a couple of Anschutz.22’s seem to fill the bill. I built a 22BR On a Stole Panda action and am working up loads for it. I like to punch paper but enjoy shooting ground squirrels, gophers, p-dogs, rock chucks, jack rabbits and coyotes much more.

Thanks for allowing me to participate.

Regards from California,

Randy Shelton

drybean
12-07-2018, 02:02 PM
Welcome aboard

Stumpkiller
12-07-2018, 03:24 PM
Welcome.

My Father-in-law was a self-employed cabinetmaker. I used to help him out with finishing and installing. Seemed to be a very satisfying job.

Though his big cast-iron flywheel belt-drive plainer used to watch me. I'm convinced it wanted to eat me.

big honkin jeep
12-07-2018, 04:29 PM
Welcome

ttexastom
12-10-2018, 01:10 PM
Welcome from northeast georgia

GaCop
12-22-2018, 09:56 AM
Welcome from another "old Guy" in middle Georgia!

Nor Cal Mikie
12-22-2018, 10:40 AM
Welcome. You're from what part of Northern California?:cool:

And if you're really into small calibers, you might check this place out.
LOTS of good info. http://www.saubier.com/forum/index.php
BUT, leave your wallet in the other room. Those guy will help you spend your $$$.:(