PDA

View Full Version : SW Michigan BR shooters - where are you?

BarryR
12-07-2018, 09:12 AM
I have just ordered a Savage Model 12 Benchrest in 6mmBR. I am looking to get involved with others in the SW Michigan area (centered on Grand Rapids).
Always respect and am guided by the experience and advice of others. Barry

Stockrex
12-07-2018, 01:33 PM
Hey Barry, I have one of those too and I shoot at South Kent, well, I think of shooting more than I able to go down to Dorr to shoot a few, been tied up with fam stuff. I am right behind Calvin College in GR. Welcome to forum!

BarryR
12-08-2018, 08:25 AM
Stockrex, Thanks for the reply. I have been out to South Kent a couple of times. A friend of mine (from Jenison) is a regular out there. He also has a Model 12 in 6br, which he really enjoys
working on load development with. I now live just south of Caledonia. Every Wednesday, regardless of the weather, I go up to the West Walker club (9 -11AM) and shoot a couple of rounds of
trap and skeet with a group of guys that I've meet with for 30 years. Perhaps I could interest you to stop up there next Wednesday and we could discuss your involvement with Benchrest.
Bring a shotgun if you want to join us for a round or two of Trap. Barry

Stockrex
12-10-2018, 12:45 PM
Hey Barry, talk about small world, I used to shoot trap at West Walker, few years back, I still go there but for the Walleye club meeting, sure, I will PM you my contact info. I will not be able to do the 9am ish thing, sorry, work conflict :-(.

Stockrex
12-10-2018, 12:48 PM
hmm, I am not able to PM you or access my messages, not sure what is going on.