PDA

View Full Version : Savage 11VT

Coolatula
12-05-2018, 12:24 AM
New here but not new to Savage/Stevens etc.. Picked up a Savage Accutrigger 11VT in .223 Rem. on clearance for under three bills and plan to upgrade as funds become available. :rockon:

drybean
12-05-2018, 11:10 AM
Welcome aboard

ttexastom
12-05-2018, 04:22 PM
Welcome from northeast georgia

jetcycles
12-05-2018, 09:55 PM
I haven’t seen mention of an 11VT on here in quite a while, where did you pick it up? I threw an 11 VT in a Boyd’s stock, mounted a cheap vortex crossfire and hit the range with a box of core lokts...and was pleasantly surprised to print repeated sub moa groups. Good luck with the rifle, a search of this forum will net you a good bit of information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coolatula
12-06-2018, 02:01 AM
Dick's Sporting Goods in Bloomington,IN.

It was a display model on clearance for $346 plus 20% off that and the only one they had left. I wanted one in .243 so I could also deer hunt with it this season but it is what it is. I wanted a .223 just not now over one I could use to hunt with as well. I have borrowed a buddy's new Axis .308 HB so I got deer season covered now.

The Vortex Diamondback Tactical M.O.A. 4-16x44mm scope I have on the Axis will replace the Bushnell 4-12x40mm that cam on the 11VT.

The reviews of this VT model have seemed to be very positive and I have shot a buddy's model 10 short H.B. Police before and it appeared to be a solid shooter even though his was sans accutrigger and had the Tupperware stock.

I plan to do some mods and upgrades as funds become available to make it more to my liking. The bones are there so it's a good start!