PDA

View Full Version : mod 110 s series j

Edward#1
12-02-2018, 12:23 PM
My 110s has a ftf issue Very light firing pin indentation in primers I bought 2 firing pin assemblies from Numrich Long action part #999090 and short action part # 142000B It seems the long action is to long and the short action is too weak(short?) I adjusted firing pin protrusion to .050 Did I order the wrong part or do I need a long action spring on the short firing pin assembly I'm at my wits end HELP!!

sharpshooter
12-02-2018, 07:06 PM
What you have is the first generation short action, that is in between the current long and short actions. Finding a firing pin assembly for that will be hard. The good news is that you don't need one. Use the original and just replace the spring. Use the spring from the long action FP assembly by cutting down to 23 full coils. Set the protrusion to .035", and compress the spring on the pin to approx 2.040" in length. Check the spring compression length by dropping the FP assembly into the bolt, then inserting the cocking piece pin. The cocking piece pin should not contact the bottom of the ramp. Adjust if necessary, to keep the pin about .005" off the bottom of the cocking ramp.