PDA

View Full Version : LRPV Barrel Change

Delaware_Ken
10-07-2010, 04:52 AM
Good Morning,

I am currently shooting a 6 BR LRPV with a 1-12 twist Dual Port. Are there any stock 1-8 twist Savage 6BR barrels available for a barrel swap? I would like to shoot heavier bullets for beter performance at 600 yards, but the 1 12 twist won't stabalize them. Also, is this something I could do myself? And, as long as I'm at it, are there other barrels that would perform better than the stock Savage barrels? As you can tell, this is all new to me, but I'm thinking that a barrel repacement would be the least expensive way to get me where I want to go.

Ken

GaCop
10-07-2010, 05:07 AM
Contact either Sinarms or Northland Shooter Supply, both forum sponsors. Either one can help you out with a 1/8 twist barrel by top of the line barrel makers. You can easily do the barrel change/headspacing yourself.

rjtfroggy
10-07-2010, 06:43 AM
NSS was showing that factory barrel 1:8 twist for $300. I think he also has a few other brands also,while there if you decide to purchase don't forget the recoil lug and barrel nut wrench.

Delaware_Ken
10-07-2010, 06:24 PM
Thanks,

I contacted Northland Shooter Supply. Jim Briggs couldn't have been more helpful. I ordered the the stainless steel fluted barrel for $300. Jim even said that her would walk me through the barrel swap when the time comes. He also told me what goodies I would need to do the swap. Looks like another order for Midway.

Ken