PDA

View Full Version : Getting back into it

MrJoel
11-26-2018, 08:47 PM
Greetings,
I grew up with guns in the house and used to go shooting with family. But that stopped when I moved out as none of my friends were interested in shooting. As a result, I have been out of shooting since 1999. My best friend got bit by the bug recently and we have been going to the range using his ever-growing number of pistols. He wants to pick up a bolt action rifle to try his hand at medium-long range target shooting and I decided to get back in as well.
I was going back and forth between options with all the manufacturers, but in the end, I have decided to go either the BA Stealth or the GRS in 6.5 Creedmoor. Savage has an impressive reputation not to mention some really nice looking guns. I already started squirreling away funds for a purchase just after the holidays. I already got the scope (Vortex Diamondback Tactical FFP 6x24x50 MOA)with BassPro Gift cards. Now I only need the gun, case, bipod, ammo and maintenance supplies.....
I am really looking forward to having my own rifle and getting out to the range again. We'll need to drive a bit to get beyond 200yd in this region though.

That is it for now.

drybean
11-26-2018, 09:04 PM
Welcome aboard

big honkin jeep
11-27-2018, 04:41 PM
Welcome

ttexastom
11-27-2018, 07:50 PM
Welcome from northeast georgia