PDA

View Full Version : Getting Sick of this Savage Barrel! Replacement Recommendations?

MeatAxe
11-16-2018, 07:14 AM
The OEM barrel on my Stealth 10 BA 6.5 Creedmoor is just to unreliable at holding zero for multiple shots. Seem I have to clean for powder fouling every half dozen shots or so before accuracy goes to hell -- or clean thoroughly for copper and work up 50-80 shots to get back to consistency and go through the process all over. Too much of a PITA and a waste of ammo! This OEM barrel is no bargain!

Wondering what folks here recommend for a quality replacement barrel that will hold accuracy shot to shot for a reasonable amount of time. I've had good luck with Lothar Walther barrels on a Vz58 and an AR10 semi-auto...hate to say it but my Vz58 in 7.62x39 has better overall accuracy shot to shot than my finicky Stealth 10B in 6.5 Creedmoor!

MRCHIRO
11-16-2018, 09:54 AM
Krieger at bugholes. Absolutely the best: bartlein.

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

Dennis
11-16-2018, 03:30 PM
Krieger and Bartlein are among the best.

The OEM barrel on your 10BA "should" be a decent barrel. I have several factory Savages which many have been used in competition matches!

You "should not" have to clean your barrel every 6 shots or so! I usually go around 150 rounds between cleanings.

Your rifle should have a Stainless Barrel, correct?

Are you reloading?

Did you bed your action on your rifle?

Are you using the factory Accu-Trigger?

If you swap barrels, what exact caliber are you thinking about?

I will be more than glad to help you, there are many choices for you. I have shot most barrels through out time. I can state their were only 2 that didn't make the cut. I couldn't dial in a load for them. I have probably dialed in 50+ rifles in the last 10 years.

I will be waiting to hear from you, and hopefully we can come up with something to help you, Later, Dennis