PDA

View Full Version : Edge trigger spring.

duhast
10-05-2010, 05:50 PM
What are the ramifications (beside a lighter trigger pull) to fitting a lighter spring to the Edge trigger? I think I figured how to do it, but I don't want to cause problems for myself. The method is quite simple, non-destructive, and reversible back to stock....

82boy
10-06-2010, 12:34 AM
The way the action is designed the trigger will only go down so low. (About 3 LBS)

duhast
10-06-2010, 01:58 AM
The way the action is designed the trigger will only go down so low. (About 3 LBS)

I have a Rifle Basix too, it seems to be at the other extreme in that you can only put so much weight into it.

I did a mod to my stock trigger and yes, I'd say it's around 3 lbs. Rifle Basix told me that in their experience the stock pull is about 8 lbs.

What I did was tap the spring hole from the top, part way through with a 8-32 tap, and thread in a set screw to anchor the base of a lighter spring I bought and cut. Seems to work really well for less than $10. No JB welding a shank onto a spring, and you can revert it back to stock any time.

82boy
10-06-2010, 10:52 AM
What I did was tap the spring hole from the top, part way through with a 8-32 tap, and thread in a set screw to anchor the base of a lighter spring I bought and cut. Seems to work really well for less than $10. No JB welding a shank onto a spring, and you can revert it back to stock any time.

Well I will give you credit, you are thinking, and doing something similare to what I have done in the past.

duhast
10-06-2010, 06:44 PM
It also dawned on me that if the hole was threaded all the way through, and you used a longer set screw, the screw could double as the spring anchor and an overtravel adjustment.

lockwoodjohn
11-27-2010, 03:21 PM
Would it be possible to see some pics on your trigger mod.

Thanks,
Lockwoodjohn