PDA

View Full Version : 110 BA Bottom Metal?

northerndoc
11-07-2018, 08:52 AM
Hey guys- long time shooter but new to the forum. I have a 110BA in .338LM. I've been shooting the gun for a few years as-is and have been relatively happy with it. Recently, however I acquired a Mod 10 GRS in 6.5 Creedmoor and have really developed a liking to the GRS Berserk stock. So much so that I ordered the upgrade version of it (Bifrost) to move my 110 into. Everything converts over into the stock well and I thought I was home free... Until I tried to buy bottom metal. I originally ordered a CDI Gunworks piece that used AICS mags and it mated up well, but the mags it used were the shorter ones which would have negated all of my load development work as now my COAL would have to be significantly less to fit in the mags. More research indicated that they made the CIP bottom metal which uses the exact same mags (3.850") as the factory Savage chassis- bonus! Send back the shorty and get that one. Get it installed and the front of the mag ends up about 1/8-1/4" forward of the end of the chamber- meaning the mag-well needs to be back further than it is. I'm going to call CDI today to see if they have any other ideas but I suspect this has to do with some unusual dimensions that are specific to the 110BA as opposed to most 110 actions. Does anyone know of a bottom metal that works with a more conventional stock and the CIP mags for this gun? I realize there are other chassis systems out there (XLR, masterpiece arms, etc) that will allow me to drop in and go- but I would REALLY like to use this GRS stock if I could. Any help would be appreciated!