PDA

View Full Version : Savage 11VT shoots very strangely

Boogieman
11-03-2018, 11:29 PM
I've been fighting this rifle for going on 3 years, it doesn't matter if it's clean, dirty, barrel hot, cold, bags, bipod, etc. ANY factory load I put in this rifle shoots 2ft+ to the right vs one single handload it likes. The only combo I have found so far is a 165gr interlock with RL15, the strange thing there is, any powder charge from the starting load to near max will group under an inch and my scope adjustments will be pretty near the center. I even recently worked up another hand load with Varget and some 168gr Speer Gold dots and we're back to being wide right. I know the simple answer here is to just run the load it'll shoot, but I feel something else has to be wrong to shoot every. single. thing else to the far right. Has anyone ever ran into this? Or any suggestions on where to start looking?

CFJunkie
11-04-2018, 10:44 AM
I haven't personally experienced that problem, but my range buddy had that problem with a model 10 FCP-K in .308.
Turns out that, when he sent the rifle back to Savage, they found the receiver scope mounting holes had been drilled off center.
They sent him a new rifle.