PDA

View Full Version : (thoughts)new lyman brass smith 8 station

69gen1
11-03-2018, 07:20 AM
wandering if any of you have used this press and thoughts concerns pros,neg. will mainly be used for pistol rds..and plinking rds ..I have 2 rcbs rock chuckers and a lee chanlenger single stage press I use for more precision work ..just wanting a little faster setup....

PaddyD
11-03-2018, 10:27 AM
When I watch YouTube videos of turret presses sizing rifle cases I notice some flexing of the turret head, even in some of the very expensive units. This is not good for accurate target or hunting ammo as it no doubt affects runout, but for speeding up operations in loading pistol stuff or mass producing plinking ammo for your AR they would be a great addition to any bench.

69gen1
11-03-2018, 11:22 AM
Yes I no there is some flex with the head on most turret presses.the redding t7 I think is supposed to be the cadilac of the turrets in the upper price range.just wandering how the new all american 1 was comparing to the t mag units.its use would be mainly for pistol rds.

Robinhood
11-03-2018, 12:50 PM
69, I am anxiously awaiting your review. Please take time and do a prepared post with photos and details. I am sure many on this forum and others would like to see it. Honest unbiased info is in demand.

69gen1
11-03-2018, 01:41 PM
69, I am anxiously awaiting your review. Please take time and do a prepared post with photos and details. I am sure many on this forum and others would like to see it. Honest unbiased info is in demand.. Robinhood if I decide to take the leap you can bet I will post up my thoughts...friend has the tmag 2 version seems to suit him allright he is making some good ammo with it for rifle..223, 6.5, 308
Been saving a few bucks for the redding t 7 and seen the all american for about 200 less on sale was reason for asking... well maybe 150 cheaper...