PDA

View Full Version : Blind mag question

Sendit104
11-02-2018, 09:32 PM
Hey everybody
im working on a conversion of a model 10 .223 to 6.5 Creedmoor and after a bit of searching I finally found a 308 blind mag for the bottom of it. Here’s the catch. On the back of the mag box the tang has broken. I tried it in the action and it seems to be ok. Anybody experienced this before?

RustyShackle
11-02-2018, 10:11 PM
No experience with that? Not exactly sure what you have going on, stagger feed? It would probably work but you might try repair? I probably would.

J.Baker
11-02-2018, 10:11 PM
Are we talking about a centerfeed or staggered feed here? Details matter. :(

Sendit104
11-03-2018, 12:08 AM
Sorry. It’s the Staggerfeed

big honkin jeep
11-03-2018, 08:52 PM
I broke the little tab off of one several years ago. Tried to weld it but it was too brittle and just snapped right off again. I just shimmed it in the stock and let the stock and action screws hold it in place and it worked fine other than making reassembly after cleaning a little trickier.
It has since been converted to a stagger feed detachable box setup as all the parts came with a factory takeoff stock I purchased in the classifieds a few years ago.
It's been so long since the flatback actions with the staggerfeed mags have been it production parts are unfortunately getting harder to find. Darn shame too, they're great rifles, darn fine projects and most every part can be improved to some degree by a decent tinker.

Sendit104
11-03-2018, 09:20 PM
That’s my hope. Gonna put some nss stuff on the new one when it all goes together. I’m still in the fence about dbm