PDA

View Full Version : Disassemble Axis bolt

rick3
11-02-2018, 05:56 PM
I’ve watched the video for the SSS improved ejection kit, and I’ve been able to remove the old extractor, spring, and ball. I’ve been struggling to push out the pin to get the old ejector out. My smallest pin punch (1/16”) is too big, so I tried using a piece of music wire that fits, but that doesn’t work. That pin must be in there very tight; the music wire just bends.

Anyway, I’m thinking that I need a smaller actual punch but I can’t find anything smaller in the local hardware store, and even Google doesn’t bring up any results for punches smaller than 1/16.

Is there such a thing as a 1/32 punch, or do I need a special tool? Any suggestions from people who have installed the SSS improved ejection kit are appreciated.

GaryB
11-02-2018, 06:33 PM
Try a brad or small finishing nail. Also, that pin may only come out in one direction.

celltech
11-02-2018, 07:14 PM
^^^ What he said...and if I remember right one end of the pin kinda has groves in it??? So one direction is better than the other...

sharpshooter
11-02-2018, 07:31 PM
You need to drive it toward the side that has the little pocket around the hole. You can reduce the diameter of your punch a little by using the "mexican lathe" method....chuck it in a drill and hold it against a belt sander or fine grinding wheel.

azguy
11-04-2018, 06:45 PM
To remove the extractor push in (toward the firing pin) on the extractor it will slid out.. Be very careful to catch the detent ball and spring. If you shoot the ball and can not find it check with a bike shop for a 1/8 inch bearing ball'