PDA

View Full Version : New Guy - with some Model 10 GRS questions -

Garceau
10-16-2018, 10:05 AM
Good morning -

I purchased a Model 10 GRS in 6mm creedmoor and I am awaiting its arrival.

Because I have zero patience I am trying to piece together everything I can prior to its arrival and thought maybe you guys could assist with a few pieces that I cannot possibly know without the weapon in my hand.

1. Muzzle Brake - I realize this gun will have limited recoil, however I am looking to reduce it even further. I am aware it takes 5/8-24 threads for any muzzle accessorie, but I dont know the barrel O.D to find a suitable brake without it looking cobbled together. Would like something that matches the OD to look as clean as possible.

2. Scope ring set up - I do like the rail style system which gives several options for optics and eye relief to optimize your own personal needs. That makes selection somewhat easier. However what I am slightly concerned with is getting the appropriate height for my Meopta 56mm objective scope. Obviously i want to keep the scope as low to the gun as possible (but with the adjustable cheek piece from a comfort stance its able to be just about anywhere) In reviewing pictures of the rifle it appears the rail is slightly higher already (may be an illusion as you see the space between the chamber and the rail itself) I would like to stay with a one piece type mount

similar to this

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/679273/weaver-premium-msr-1-piece-scope-mount-picatinny-style-with-integral-rings

any other suggestions I am very open to - I could be off base but I feel the standard single type mount should result in a little better accuracy/alignment type issues with less work on getting the scope seated appropriately.

thanks in advance - !!!

J.Baker
10-16-2018, 05:03 PM
Can't help on the barrel's muzzle diameter as I don't have one.

The mount you linked to is for an AR-style rifle and likely will be to high. IIRC the 10 GRS comes with an EGW rail so really all you need is a set of rings. Most likely going to need high rings to clear that 56mm objective. Basically you just have to do the math to figure out what you need there. Scope measurements and ring dimensions can usually be found on the manufacturers websites. The EGW 20 MOA rail on my 110 Tactical is roughly 0.425" tall at the front.

On the 110 Tactical I had a Elite Tactical 3.5x21x50mm mounted on it with a 34mm main tube and was running Medium height Warne steel rings (vertical split) and it had sufficient clearance to get the lens covers on it. Not familar with the scope you're getting but if it's a little longer with the objective bell further down the barrel you get a little extra clearance with the barrel taper.

micky_blue
10-17-2018, 06:47 AM
Since the rifle comes with the rail I think TPS medium rings would work in your case. I am going off memory but I think the rails a 20 moa so it’s taller.

I loathe muzzlebrakes so I can not help there.