PDA

View Full Version : Stagger feed to Center feed

Sponxx
10-09-2018, 04:53 PM
I must be failing at my google-fu, but can't seem to find what would be the requirements for changing a stagger feed to a centerfeed blindmag.
I may be able to make a purchase on a stock, however it is for a blindmag centerfeed. Or the staggered with spring and follower would work regardless?

Thanks

J.Baker
10-10-2018, 06:12 AM
Long or short action? Short action has different screw spacing so no, but long action stayed the same so you can. Might have to clearance the inlet a little in the mag well to clear the staggered feed magazine, but it's quick easy work with a Dremel if you do.

Robinhood
10-10-2018, 06:35 AM
What Jim states is what I have found to be true for the long action as well. On a short action when putting a stagger feed action into a center feed you would need to drill the forward hole out and install a pillar that moves the front screw slightly rearward. Like stated above, you would also need to open up the mag well to fit your Stagger feed setup on the short action as also. They are located in slightly different positions. Any binding could be an accuracy issue.

Sponxx
10-11-2018, 03:23 PM
I forgot to add, it is a long action.
Thanks for the info, I may pass on the referred stock, not afraid of firing up the dremel, but it is not quite the configuration I want and costs quite a bit of money.