PDA

View Full Version : Savage model 10

overtheir
10-07-2018, 08:38 PM
Hey guys i have the above in a accu trigger that I would like ti fit in a boyds stock that was the orginal style trigger action screws match mag match anything I should know about Thanks

Robinhood
10-07-2018, 11:32 PM
Top or bottom bolt release?

overtheir
10-08-2018, 08:38 PM
Sorry Top bolt release

J.Baker
10-09-2018, 09:07 AM
That should be all you need: screw spacing, magazine type, bolt release location and desired barrel channel size.

overtheir
10-09-2018, 08:46 PM
Maybe I didnt explain myself right I have the stock already the cut out was for a orginall style trigger the action I have has the accu trigger Thanks

J.Baker
10-10-2018, 06:15 AM
Silly question, but if you already have the stock and the AccuTrigger equipped action in hand why haven't you just dropped the action into the stock to see if everything clears and functions or not? Kind of a no-brainer!

overtheir
10-10-2018, 06:53 PM
Done that have yet to fire it in the stock just looking for something that may creep up that Im not seening Thanks

dale1386
10-10-2018, 07:58 PM
Savage 10 -Just received my Boyds thumbhole stock today ( factory barrel short action -top bolt release- staggered feed blind magazine and the fit was good but the screws from the factory stock one isn't long enough so I guess I'll have to order another screw. had to use the long screw for the trigger guard screw and the short screw wasn't long enough for the front screw. Maybe someone with experience on the 10's will answer both our question. Super nice stocks though.

J.Baker
10-10-2018, 09:39 PM
Only trigger interference I can recall being mentioned had to do with either the trigger guard opening or the oel in the stock needing to be opened up just a touch. If you can dry-fire it in the stock and all is working as it should you shouldn't have any issues with live ammo.

J.Baker
10-10-2018, 09:41 PM
Savage 10 -Just received my Boyds thumbhole stock today ( factory barrel short action -top bolt release- staggered feed blind magazine and the fit was good but the screws from the factory stock one isn't long enough so I guess I'll have to order another screw. had to use the long screw for the trigger guard screw and the short screw wasn't long enough for the front screw. Maybe someone with experience on the 10's will answer both our question. Super nice stocks though.

Don't see a question in there, but Savage has I believe three different action screw lengths that they use depending on stock material and bottom metal. Most just get the longest one and grind/file it down until it's the right length for their rifle.

dale1386
10-11-2018, 05:27 AM
Don't see a question in there, but Savage has I believe three different action screw lengths that they use depending on stock material and bottom metal. Most just get the longest one and grind/file it down until it's the right length for their rifle.

That's what I figured I just ordered a long screw and I'll grind off threads until it doesn't contact the bolt head.

overtheir
10-16-2018, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the help