PDA

View Full Version : accustock on older staggerfeed action

Brian Chrusciel
10-03-2018, 04:52 PM
has anyone on here fitted an older staggerfeed action into a new accustock? im going to be doing the conversion soon and was just wanting to make sure it will work. from what ive gathered i only need to shift the front action screw back .135" and grind out the back of magwell area on the receiver to allow the new center feed mags to work. is this correct or will it not work?

ill be putting an older staggerfeed model 11 in an accustock if it will work

Robinhood
10-04-2018, 12:57 AM
Necessity is the mother....

Brian Chrusciel
10-04-2018, 09:35 AM
thats pretty much what i was thinking just wanted to see if anyone had done it before

big honkin jeep
10-04-2018, 10:28 PM
It's my understanding the recoil lug is different. From what i've read you're going to need an "accustock" shorter recoil lug or be willing to modify the one you have to fit the accustock.

Sureshot21
10-08-2018, 08:02 PM
I just put an older 116 into an accustock.

I ddnt' have to do anything to the action screws, they lined up fine. the Lug is substantially smaller on the new accustock actions.

I did a little light milling in the slot in the accustock to open it up some, then used a Dremel and files to make the lug small enough to fit.

If you have the tools to break it down, it would be much simpler to replace the lug.

I kept the staggered box magazine and milled a new, solid bottom metal to fit the accustock. If you want to use the single feed accustock magazine, you will probably have to do some modification to the feed ramps.

It can be done, just requires a little work and ingenuity .

Wish this site hosted photos, It would make it easier to explain.