PDA

View Full Version : 116 fhss hinged floor plate

pdm25150
09-27-2018, 10:16 PM
Does anyone have a parts break down for HFP on a 116 FHSS top bolt release ? Need all the parts all the bottom metal except for magazine in stainless. No I do not have a serial number. Yes I did the search found a lot on going the other way . From HFP to DBM . Aprecite any help.

RustyShackle
09-28-2018, 01:11 AM
I believe the “bear hunter” model is made with what you’re after. I don’t have part numbers for that, sorry.

edit. Now that I read your post a second time I see you’re after a top bolt release design.

J.Baker
09-28-2018, 01:12 AM
Would just be one part number as it's an assembly, but I have no clue what the p/n is.

EDIT: Just noticed you need top bolt release. I don't think Savage has ever made a HFP for top bolt release as it was introduced in conjunction with the new bottom bolt release. I could be wrong though - but I'm pretty sure I'm not.

7887mm08
09-28-2018, 07:01 PM
Would just be one part number as it's an assembly, but I have no clue what the p/n is.

EDIT: Just noticed you need top bolt release. I don't think Savage has ever made a HFP for top bolt release as it was introduced in conjunction with the new bottom bolt release. I could be wrong though - but I'm pretty sure I'm not. Yes they did ,I have one, model 11 that I converted to dbm.

pdm25150
09-28-2018, 08:07 PM
Yes they did ,I have one, model 11 that I converted to dbm.

Short actions were pretty common, long action are like chicken teeth!

pdm25150
09-28-2018, 08:12 PM

EDIT: Just noticed you need top bolt release. I don't think Savage has ever made a HFP for top bolt release as it was introduced in conjunction with the new bottom bolt release. I could be wrong though - but I'm pretty sure I'm not.

Jim , I almost want to agree with you, but i thought i held one in my hand at a show a few years ago. It was either a.300 wm pr a 30-06 . However I could be wrong and mixed up with a short action. Thanks for the input though!

RustyShackle
09-28-2018, 08:47 PM
I most definately owned a 116 with TBR and hinged floor. Savage warrantied the rifle and the replacement is a BBR with mag.

I purchased the original rifle new in 2008, so if you can find something from that time period it might help.

I might still have the serial # for that rifle somewhere. I’ll look around. Although I’m thinking it was a G prefix.

Robinhood
09-28-2018, 10:23 PM
Kicking the idea around.... why would a hinged floor plate not work with a top release?

RustyShackle
09-28-2018, 11:02 PM
So my old 116 was a “G505xxx”.

Robinhood, the hinged floor plate works just fine with a top bolt release.

RustyShackle
09-28-2018, 11:22 PM
Just browsing around GB. Came across this one. Hard to see in the pictures but I think this is a TBR, left hand, with HFP. Probably an ultra rare configuration. Not my listing and I have absolutely no affiliation with the listing.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/784852187

Robinhood
09-29-2018, 12:23 AM
So my old 116 was a “G505xxx”.

Robinhood, the hinged floor plate works just fine with a top bolt release.

Yep

J.Baker
09-29-2018, 07:44 PM
Kicking the idea around.... why would a hinged floor plate not work with a top release?

How it mates up with the trigger guard. As recently discussed in another thread Savage has made several changes to the trigger guards and how they "mate up" with the bottom metal for DBM and HFP's. Some are stepped in front, some aren't stepped in front, and some have the BBR. So like anything else with Savage, you can make most anything work so long as you get the right accompaniment of parts to go with it.

sharpshooter
09-29-2018, 10:12 PM
Some had a spacer between the trigger guard and the mag frame.