PDA

View Full Version : 12fv 223 issue

Bdblk12v
09-27-2018, 08:48 PM
Hello guys and gals. I have a 12fv that i bought during the huge sale last year in 223. I have been collecting reloading components and have not got around to shoot it. I bought some cheap weaver 2 piece bases and some leupold rings. I mounted them on the gun with a used bushnell 3200 10x japan scope. I bore sighted it in and headed to the range. I went late and shot some and got it sighted in and had a problem. I ran about all the way out of left windage on scope. I did buy the scope used at a gun store. I got it for like $70 and figured thats why it was pawned off. I called bushnell and talked to a customer service rep and said send it in and we will check it out no cost. I sent it off and thought well maybe there are more issues. I bought a new egw 20moa base and installed it. I mounted up my vortex crossfire 2 that i pulled off my 6.5 creedmoor model 12fv. I took it to the range and proceeded to bore sight it. I got it bore sighted in and shot it. I got it dialed in at 100yds and low and behold im out of windage again. My dilemma is what do i do? I had some reloads that i threw together and shot a 5 shot group that was about 1/2 inch. I honestly bought the gun to use as practice of shooting and reloading because 223 is fairly cheap to load for. I dont ever plan on hunting with it or anything of that just paper punching. Thanks for the help.

drybean
09-27-2018, 10:02 PM
Burris Sig. rings should correct your windage problem

RustyShackle
09-27-2018, 10:41 PM
X2 in the Burris signature rings.

1holeaddict
09-29-2018, 08:07 AM
I had and still have the same issue with a Savage BVSS 223. I sent her back to Savage and they said the scope base mounting holes were within tolerance but did change the barrel. Gun came back and problem was still present. I installed Burris rings on her and used the inserts in both the front and back. I was able to get sighted in but still used most of my windage. Scope is a Leupold 30mm tube. Burris has a set out that you can now get 40 moa of adjustment instead of the original 20 moa.

Texas10
09-29-2018, 11:09 AM
Some scope rings are adjustable for just this sort of problem. My Leupold rings are, and very IN-expensive: https://www.sportoptics.com/leupold-std-2piece-scope-base-55741.aspx

They won't work on a 20 moa rail, but then a 223 really doesn't need a 20 moa rail as it will shoot quite well to 750 yds without one. YMMV.

Robinhood
09-29-2018, 01:50 PM
If you barrel sits off to one side then you may have an issue with the action threads not being on the same axis as the OD of the action causing the barrel to be pointed one direction or the other.