PDA

View Full Version : how to access classifieds

Billfish27
09-25-2018, 10:26 AM
Hey so im brand new to this site, was recommended to it from a friend of a friend to find after market parts for my axis. ive set up my subscription, but ive been navigating the website for atleast an hour now trying to find the classified wiuth no luck.

J.Baker
09-25-2018, 11:27 AM
Go to the forum homepage, then scroll down until you see "Member Classifieds." It's just below the "Site Sponsors" section.

Tsb3
09-25-2018, 11:45 AM
When I open any of the classified sections, it's empty. No items?

J.Baker
09-25-2018, 12:01 PM
Yes, because it's marked Private meaning as a New Member you do not have permission to view the classifieds.

Tsb3
09-25-2018, 06:04 PM
J. Baker, I see that now. You could classify me as "new" by my number of post, even though I have been lurking since my join date in 2014.

J.Baker
09-25-2018, 06:40 PM
Yes, it goes off post count only. It's a common practice of scammers and spammers to use bots to mass register accounts on a forum and then they sit dormant for months or longer before they come back and use them.

These changes are all still in a state of flux to some degree so things might change some in the next week or so. I'm listening to feedback and ideas, but ultimately my #1 priority is to protect our paid members who are placing the ads from being ripped off by scammers.

Baller
10-01-2018, 01:37 PM
Yes, because it's marked Private meaning as a New Member you do not have permission to view the classifieds.

I tried to visit the link but I get a message that I don't have permission to access the page.

drewskez
03-04-2019, 11:07 PM
What would be the best way for a new member to access the classified ads?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

J.Baker
03-05-2019, 12:51 AM
Simply scroll down to the bottom of the forum main page, click on one of the classified boards and wah-la! As a new member you cannot post an ad or reply to ads, or send PM's, but you can see and read them. Once you reach 15 posts you can reply and send PM's, but to post something for sale you need to be a paying member (http://www.savageshooters.com/payments.php) of the site.