PDA

View Full Version : Hello from S. Texas

JRFTEX
09-12-2018, 02:56 AM
A little about me? Hmm...... lemme think.

I'm not a regular shooter but I grew up on a farm where guns were a necessary tool to defend livestock from predators. Started shooting a .22 with my dad when I was around 9 years old. That was many decades ago. Bought my first gun brand new when I turned 18. It was a beautiful 30.06 Rem 700BDL. Wish I still had it but I sold it during a moment of stupidity.

I have a place in Louisiana to hunt but don't get there as often as I'd like, but when I do it's always enjoyable even if I come back empty handed.

Currently unemployed. The company I worked for called it an early retirement even though it wasn't my idea.

Just registered here to read up and ask a few questions about Savage firearms. Used my mother's .250 lever action Savage to get my first buck when I was about 14 and remembered how well that gun was made. I didn't know much about guns back then but I remember being impressed with the quality even in my early teens. I've got a Marlin but haven't been real happy with it.

A discussion about Savage accuracy came up in a Marlin forum once and I still remember the reply. "When it comes to accuracy Savage knows the barrel is the gun." I liked that.

Thanks

DesertDug
09-12-2018, 07:49 AM
Welcome aboard.

drybean
09-12-2018, 08:55 AM
Welcome aboard

ttexastom
09-12-2018, 11:33 AM
Welcome from northeast georgia

J.Baker
09-12-2018, 07:01 PM