PDA

View Full Version : Boyds Varmint Thumbhole no longer made?

stomp442
09-06-2018, 04:33 PM
I went online to Boyds to order a stock and the only thumbhole they are listing is the lightweight thumbhole with the factory barrel channel. I am putting together a rifle with a varmint weight barrel and don't really want to inlet one that much. Am I missing something?

Model 11 bottom bolt release.

SageRat Shooter
09-07-2018, 10:41 AM
I just went to the Boyds site and clicked on the Gallery and found it still listed. https://www.boydsgunstocks.com/gallery#shapes

Not sure why you're not seeing one for your rifle though...

stomp442
09-07-2018, 10:08 PM
Me neither. I have numerous calls and messages in to Boyds with out receiving a call back yet. I'm not seeing one listed for any bottom bolt release savage.

short round
09-10-2018, 07:14 PM
Stockys may have what your looking for.

J.Baker
09-10-2018, 09:35 PM
Me neither. I have numerous calls and messages in to Boyds with out receiving a call back yet. I'm not seeing one listed for any bottom bolt release savage.

That seems to be an issue with Boyds - inconsistency in styles available for different configurations. For instance, you can get several styles for the long-action Trophy Hunter rifles, but there's no option in the menu for a short-action Trophy Hunter.

Chalk it up to yet another symptom of Savage's constantly changing things - even the aftermarket manufacturers are as confused as the general consumer.

stomp442
09-11-2018, 09:14 AM
Yep. I was finally able to get through to them yesterday and was told they don't offer that style for the bottom bolt release models. I then asked if they could just make one of the featherweights with a heavy barrel channel and they wouldn't do that either so it looks like I get to spend some quality time with some sandpaper when it gets here.